Industry-aligned, practice-driven guided learning program to jump-start your career.
Our Full Stack course works towards making a novice to
a job-ready software professional
The Full Stack developer course is designed to teach industry-used software languages and tools. Our collaborative coursework simulates a work environment of a software developer or data scientist.
The schedule is created with precision to give enough time to learn and practice. The course is for 14 weeks with the last 6 weeks dedicated to delivering a live project that will be deployed as an application or a contribution to open source.
The course is demands a full time commitment. Every day includes learning concepts, practicing them and working on challenges propelling deeper understanding. Feedback from peers and instructors is baked into the course.
Candidates will be in a simulated software work environment and will attend daily stand-ups, complete monthly group projects with a team of students, build and ship real products.
Languages and Tool Set
In-depth understanding of software engineering
What we inculcate?
Don’t worry! No Prior knowledge of software or coding experience – We take candidates from Novice to Expert
- Good Attitude and willingness to learn and challenge
- Basic aptitude, communication and logical understanding
- Any computer and OS will work — Windows, macOS or Linux
Post this candidates can play the role of a
- Software Engineer
- Web developer
- Full Stack Developer
- App Developer
- Front-End Developer
- Backend Engineer
- Backend Developer
Day 0 - Preparation and Expectation Setting for a developer journey
This is a pre-cursor to our course. Spend a day learning about the course structure – tools and languages covered, milestones, and daily activities. Get introduced to your trainers, mentors, and the complete team at Gradious. Gear up to spend the next 6 months in an immersive journey to become a rockstar software developer.
We start with understanding the basics of programming. Ever thought about how software has been part of everything around us – Microwave, Car, Television, etc? Let’s take it forward and understand the moving parts. Start to understand the basics and how the learning can be deployed to create a working application.
- Basic Programming Concepts
- Conditions and loops
- Arrays, Lists
- Input and Output
- Functions, Libraries, Project
- Reading code
- Programming languages
- As part of this unit, the student would have written simple programs
- Learn to read & write code
- Understanding the significance of different building blocks in software applications
- Knowledge of commonly used programming applications
We may opt to skip this module if the candidates have demonstrated basic programming skills.
- Designing webpage with HTML
- Website styling with CSS
- Build a user-friendly webpage
- Added custom styles and apply themes
- Make the page interactive, taking commands from the user and processing the user actions on the GUI
- Using Git to check-in and check-out code
Computer Architecture and Working with Operating systems
Study foundations of computer architecture and assembly programming. Learn to manoeuver around the OS with knowledge of processes, user management, system calls, scheduling, virtual memory, and file systems.
- Users and Permissions
- System Administration
- Unix OS
- Windows OS
- Manage users, files, and software packages
- Gain in-depth knowledge of system administration
- Administer Unix & Windows
Front End Advanced - ReactJS
ReactJS is one of the most powerful tools that help develop more code with less effort. In this unit, we cover the basics of React library using the most modern syntax and best practices for creating React components. The unit covers learning both the core of React and how to integrate it with other technologies and approaches propelling the learner to be able to start building frontend applications
- Variables, Functions, Objects, Arrays
- Classes, Functional Programming
- Virtual DOM, DOM Updates
- React Component, Reusability
- Forms, Events, Buttons
- React State
Start using ReactJS to build rich UI using components, events, and state
Identify the right set of structures and state containers for your React application.
Implement an app that runs efficiently, letting users get more done while consuming fewer server-side resources.
Create interfaces that present complex information to users in ways they can manage.
Backend - Node JS
Node.js runtime environment is most commonly used by professional developers. As part of this unit, you will master the concepts of server-side development and gain familiarity with the Node.js runtime environment. You will explore popular Node frameworks like Express.js to build powerful applications.
- Prototype & Inheritance
- Working with modules
- Promises, Event Loop, Callbacks
- Routes & Controllers
- MiddleWare, Forms
- Rest API
- Build microservices to support your pages
- In-depth learning of Middleware, Libraries, NPM
- Rapidly mock REST APIs & prototype real-time services
- Build features like pagination, search, filtering, geolocation, clustering, geospatial indexing, authentication, authorization, admin dashboard, user management.
- Master MVC framework with ExpressJS
Database & MySQL
MySQL is the most popular Open Source Relational SQL database management system. Data to run an application is stored in the database and you will learn to manage and manipulate data with the help of various SQL queries. As part of this unit, learners will integrate and administer MySQL databases and perform CRUD operations.
- Relational Database Design
- Query, Sort, Filters
- JDBC fundamentals
- Queries and Results handling
- Group, Subqueries
- Create database tables and define relations
- Perform CRUD(Create, Read, Update, Delete) using SQL queries
- Database Administration and user management
End-to-End Application Building
At this point, you have understood and practiced the concepts of the front end, backend, middleware, and database. It is now time to learn how to connect these individual skills to create a single integrated application
- MVC Architecture
- Model Layer
- View and Controller layer with Data
- Authentication, Logs
- MVC based web application with data
- Handle data flow E2E
An application is built in a team and as part of this unit, you will know all the skills and toolset required to work together and deliver as a successful team.
SDLC – Software development life cycle.
Agile software delivery
Test driven delivery(TDD)
CI/CD Pipeline – Continuous integration and delivery
Building project with maven
Tool Set – Github, Jenkins, Jira, Postman
- Learn to work within a team, complete SDLC with agile delivery
Unit testing & deployment pipelines
Throughout the last 2 months learners have understood and practiced all the skills and tools required for a full-stack software developer. It is time to put the work into action by building live deployable software. The software will be built in a real team and will be deployed as a product or added to open-source
Additional Topics Covered during this time
- Other Unix Flavours
- Introduction to AngularJS
- Introduction to NoSQL/MongoDB
A 360-degree development
MS Office - Basics - document, presentation
Body language and posture
Resume building and negotiation